Job Opening for Telecommunicator Position in Will County Sheriff's Office
The Will County Sheriff's Office has an opening for the position of Telecommunicator.
Job duties include:
- Record and log in to computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system calls received and broadcast
- Direct calls for service via radio; keep track of radio traffic
- Operate and maintain radio and other dispatch equipment
- Monitor public safety alarm system
- Handle computer entry and inquiry to law enforcement networks
- Transmit and receive messages with other law enforcement agencies and public safety
- Handle clerical/record keeping
- Receive phone calls from public for service/information
Other information about the job includes:
- Annual starting salary is $36,113
- Rotating Shifts
- Rotating days off
- Must be a resident of Will County within a year of being hired
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
To be able to apply for the position, an applicant needs to successfully complete the testing procedure. That process consists of the following:
- Pre-Employment selection testing
- Typing - 55 words per minute
- Psychological Testing
Each testing phase is dependent upon passing the previous one. You must register to be eligible to take the test. Registration closes at 11 p.m. Tuesday, June 12.
Successful candidates will be subject to background investigation, polygraph test, physical examination, drug screening and an oral interview.
If hired, the candidate will complete a 26-week training cycle across all three shifts.
The pre-employment selection test will be from 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday, June 14, in Room D-2001, Joliet Junior College, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet.
Registration will begin at 5 p.m. The test takes about four hours and will begin after a short orientation. If you arrive after 5:30 p.m., you will not be allowed inside the testing area. Allow sufficient time to travel to the area and locate the testing facility.
You must bring a current, valid driver's license. Traffic tickets or state IDs will not be accepted. Without your driver's license, you will not be allowed to participate in the test.
You are allowed to bring one bottle of water with you inside the testing area. All cell phones, pages, hats and head covering are to be left in your vehicle. These items are not permitted in the testing area.
To register and more information, go to the sheriff's office website.