On March 23 from 5 - 7:30 p.m. KidsMatter will host a job fair for students. It will be held at Merner Field House on the North Central College Campus.
Students will connect with a wide variety of employers who hire teens and young adults, including Illinois Energy Windows & Siding, Home Depot, Cold Stone Creamery, Bolingbrook Park District, Naperville Park District, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana, Country Inn & Suites, Chicagoland Pool Management, OfficeMax, Burger King, Brunswick Zone, Naperville Country Club, as well as others.
More great opportunities at the Job Fair include:
- How To Start Your Own Business Workshop
- Mock interviews – hosted by several representatives from our business community
- Resume Building
- Internship Opportunities & Information
- Career Opportunities: Including Naperville Police Department, Naperville Fire Department, Plumbers and Pipefitters Union, Marines, Hair Professionals School of Cosmetology, and more.
- Parent workshop: “How to Support Your Teen’s Job Search & Employment Experience Without Adding Stress”
Each student who attends the Fair will receive a free Resource Booklet summarizing the opportunities available at each participating business along with their contact information. The booklet will also include a section that provides tips and tactics students can refer to in order to increase their odds of securing a job.
This event is free to all students. Although the KidsMatter Job Fair generally targets youth age 16+, there are limited opportunities for 14 and 15 year olds. Information concerning work permits will be available at the Fair.
This event is sponsored by a grant from The DuPage Community Foundation and our business sponsors: Illinois Energy Windows & Siding, Chicagoland Pool Management, Glancer Magazine, and Illinois State Representative, Darlene Senger.
For more information, check out the KidsMatter website at: www.KidsMatter2us.org
Or contact Stacy Jones, Event Coordinator, at Stacy@designandpromote.com; 630.527.6562