A Bolingbrook man was arrested Monday after he allegedly had sexual intercourse with a 14-year-old and was also allegedly involved in manufacturing and delivering illegal drugs, according to Bolingbrook police.
Deshawn Hampton, 18, of 514 Charlestown, was taken into custody on two warrants and charged with criminal sexual abuse and felony drug charges. He is being held on $40,000 bond in the Will County Adult Detention Facility.
Hampton allegedly had sex with a 14-year-old in August. He was 18 at the time.
According to police reports, on Aug. 3, the 14-year-old victim went with a family friend to a pool in an apartment complex on the 600 block of Preston Drive. Later in the evening, the victim and Hampton left the pool to look for the family friend in a building on the 500 block of Preson Drive. The victim and Hampton had sexual intercourse in that building.
The victim's mother learned of the incident and informed police on Aug. 9. After investigating the case, the Bolingbrook Police Investigations Division obtained a warrant for Hampton.
Separately, an investigation by the Metropolitan Area Narcotics Squad led to a second warrant for Hampton's arrest. Hampton has been charged with manufacturing and delivering illegal drugs and possession of narcotics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Bolingbrook news:
See More on Patch
- Romeoville Man Faces Sex Abuse, Child Porn Charges
- Bolingbrook Man Charged with Sexually Assaulting 11-Year-Old Girl: Police
- Bolingbrook Man Charged with Aggravated Sexual Abuse, Victim is 16
- Alleged Drug Dealer Charged in Death of Bolingbrook Man
- Wal-Mart Shopper Punches Another: Bolingbrook Police Blotter
Most Popular articles
- UPDATED: 20-Year-Old Motorcycle Driver 'Severely Bruised' but Awake
- Teen Stabbed to Death in Jewel Parking Lot: Romeoville Police
- Man Apprehended Following Lockdown at Bolingbrook School
- Two Men Try to Lure Bolingbrook Student into Van
- Valley View Approves Plan to Cut $560,000 in Administrative Costs