is offering heart screenings for reduced rates during February to celebrate National Heart Month.
Details on the program are as follows:
Knowing your risk factors, such as high cholesterol or blocked arteries, is crucial in preventing heart disease. Early detection and treatment, as well as a healthy diet and regular exercise, can significantly reduce your risk of heart disease and heart attacks. The hospital is also presenting a free program on women’s heart health co-sponsored by Macy’s.
Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital is offering the following valuable heart screenings for reduced rates at the hospital, 500 Remington Blvd. in Bolingbrook:
- A heart smart screening measures total cholesterol, HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, triglycerides level and cholesterol ratio for $35.
- A sweet heart package includes a lipid profile, screening for diabetes and blood typing for $40.
- A diabetes check which measures sugar level is $30.
- A vitamin D assessment screens for vitamin D deficiency or toxicity for $40.
- A heart score, a complete cardiac risk assessment valued at $400, is offered for only $50.
Registration is required for all screenings. To register, call (630) 856-7525.
Residents can receive a heart scan for only $75 at the Adventist Plainfield Imaging and Outpatient Center, 15720 S. Route 59 in Plainfield. The heart scan checks for calcium buildup in arteries. A physician’s order is required. To register for a heart scan, call (630) 856-7070.
Women are invited to attend Women at Heart, a free program that features a panel discussion on heart health for women at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at Macy’s at the Promenade, 631 E. Boughton Road, Suite 220, Bolingbrook. The evening is co-sponsored by Macy’s and includes makeovers by Macy’s cosmetic department. Each guest will receive a Macy’s swag bag.
Cardiologist Dr. James McMahon will present Women and Heart Disease: Ten Things Every Woman Should Know; pulmonologist Dr. Nikki Hansra-Godfrey will present A Good Night’s Sleep: Your Heart Will Thank You; and registered dietician Sonal Choudhary will discuss Designing a Heart-Healthy Diet.
Registration is required. To register, call (630) 856-7525.
Editor's Note: The above article was a release from the Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital.