It would appear Bolingbrook residents love their ice cream significantly more than the average American.
In advance of National Ice Cream Day this Sunday, Crain’s Chicago Business has released data about how much money each suburbs spends on ice cream, via an interactive map that shows ice cream spending by ZIP code.
Bolingbrook exceeded the national average of 100 with an index of 160. Bolingbrook’s index was beat out by Naperville, which ranked at 178 in the 60565 zip code and 207 in the 60564 zip code. Naperville had the highest index in Will County. Joliet had the lowest with 66 in the 60436 zip code.
To find a community on the map, select a county and municipality to see if its ZIP code falls above or below the national average (represented by an index of 100).
If an area has an index of 105, then people there spent 5 percent more that the national average (an index of 95 means the area spent 5 percent less).
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day.
Check out Bolingbrook Patch's business directory for ice cream shops.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
- Northwest Indiana Times’ website offers a list of ice-cream-related apps ranked by Mobilwalla to get your appetite and creative juices flowing.
- Elk Grove Patch reports on some .
- St. Charles, MO Patch shares how to .
- Baskin-Robbins, the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, commissioned an independent survey of 1,000 U.S. respondents to get the scoop on how Americans plan to enjoy ice cream this summer.
- To help celebrate National Ice Cream Day, Baskin-Robbins is holding a Twitter sweepstakes this Sunday to give ice cream lovers a chance to win $260 in Baskin-Robbins gift cards, enough to keep the ice cream scoops flowing for a year. For more information about the sweepstakes, visit BaskinRobbins.com or follow @BaskinRobbins on Twitter.