Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around Bolingbrook? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the last few days:
- A against the village and four of its police officers alleges the officers used excessive force during a false arrest in 2009.
- A bomb threat to Walgreens, located at 680 E. Boughton Rd., the building for a brief period of time.
- Patricia DeBusk Mack, a 48-yea-old Bolingbrook woman died after a car crash in Shabbona.
- Marco Rodriguez, 33, of Bolingbrook, after prosecutors said he attacked Roberto Cortez with a kitchen knife in the 100 block of Campbell Drive on the morning of Dec. 26, 2009, the Herald-News reported.
- Bolingbrook High School student Angelica Payton was , which is given to roughly 3,000 students nationwide.
- Bolingbrook celebrated its 46th birthday. And it was through that the Village of Bolingbrook rose from the muddy, unpaved streets to the community we see today.
- The Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital to Hubert Humphrey Middle School.
- Hospital employees also to raise awareness for annual mammograms during October, the 25th annual National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- The woman married to Drew Peterson's Oak Brook cop son but did not shed any light on where she went.
- IKEA to Hidden Oaks Nature Center.
- Bolingbrook High School freshman basketball player Prentiss Nixon, who lit it up at the Fab Frosh Camp in Atlanta this summer, recently , HoopsIllini.com reported.
- to the DuPage Township Board of Trustees.
- More than 120 golfers and 50 dinner guests toward the Breast Cancer Center at Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital during the hospital's golf outing.
- The Promenade's popular holiday light show, Symphony in Lights, is , Promenade officials announced