"It's time to go. Now. NOW!!!"
Now that school has started again, kids have to get up. And clean up. And get ready to go. And that is where it can all break down.
Maybe your household is a model of efficiency and everything runs smoothly, right on schedule. That is not the case for many moms and dads. If you get out of the door alive, with most of the things we need for the day, it can feel like a monumental achievement. Relax, you are not alone as you show up late for the bus and have to speed to school.
Humor columnist and blogger Jenny Isenman summed it up perfectly in her blog: 30 Reasons Moms Are Late, posted on the Huffington Post.
Let's be honest - have you ever used the excuses Jenny mentioned as reasons Moms are late?
1. My daughter's socks hurt, or as she likes to put it, her socks "hate her."
2. All of a sudden, none of their shoes seemed to have a mate. NONE.
3. I couldn't find my keys ... they were in my pocket.
4. My kids were fighting over who got to sit in which seat.
5. My son decided to wrestle with the dog rather than simply walk out the door, so we had to clean the fur off of his clothes, but I couldn't find the lint roller, so I had to fashion one from masking tape and MacGyver it off.
6. Both my children had to poop as soon as we left the driveway.
To read the full column, click here.Tell us: what makes you run late? Share in the comments section. You'll feel better.