Hello parents, community members, officials ect. ect. ,
My name is Kelly. And yes, I go to the giant building (It has it's own street address- 365 Raider Way.) known as BHS. It has come to some of your attention that our newest Principal (Mr. White), has enforced some rather strict "Policies" at our school.
Well, let’s just say for the rest of my term in the BHS office I will report back to you, the community, on the truth about the inner workings. Lets start with the facts shall we.
- Mr. White is feared by his staff.
- He yells 98% of the time. 30% of that is over the intercom during class.
- He reinstates his policies by using the intercom 3 to 4 times a day.
- He has made student's cry. I know. I was one of them.
- He doesn't care about IEP or BIP procedures. (Personal experience again applies for this.)
- He doesn't know any students by name.
Now some of this may just seem to be pitter-patter stuff but.. Lets just take a look see at his policies.
- Tardy twice in one day- sent home for day- possible suspension
- No pass to lunch when you are late- No lunch
- All grades above a D (which is passing) or bound to academic homeroom for 6 weeks
- Skip one class- Suspended for one day
- Talk back to a teacher- Suspended one day
- Come to school Under the influence- Suspended, proper authorities notified
- Lunch divided into sections only seven to a table-
- If you are the lucky eight person sitting there- Banned from eating in cafeteria
- (This one is not so bad) No sagging pants- Sent home for day
- Dress code- Sent home or put on gym uniform.
Well, I hope that gives way for some of the hype you were all feeling. I hope you all can read this before joining the PTA or going to the community board meetings.
We matter too and, to be quite frank my dear, I give a damn. About my education and where I go in the future but, I have had three suspensions so far. All of them were over ridiculous stuff. Just try to think of your kids and if you don't have any kids then think of, I don't know... Me? Come on Guys. Bolingbrook is a place to grow. But under the rule of Mr. White, We are all feeling the pressure.