Garage Fire Spreads through Bolingbrook Home: Fire Officials

Three people were home at the time of the Jan. 20 fire, according to the Bolingbrook Fire Department.

One person suffered minor injuries following a garage fire that spread through a Bolingbrook home Sunday morning, according to Bolingbrook Fire Department officials. 

The fire broke out around 10 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Grant Drive. 

A homeowner said the fire ignited when fuel leaked from a car onto a drop light, according to Bolingbrook Deputy Chief Trinedad Garza. When fire crews arrived to the ranch-style home, there was heavy fire in the front of the home and garage.

Three people were home at the time of the fire, and all were outside when fire crews arrived. An adult burn victim refused medical treatment on the scene. 

The fire was deemed accidental. 


Keep up with Bolingbrook news with our free daily e-newsletter 

Like Bolingbrook Patch on Facebook 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something