Republicans from across the state meet this weekend at the to make key party calls for the upcoming presidential election and for the years that follow.
Among them are the following, according to state Republican officials:
- Adopting a party platform for the next four years
- Electing a National Committeeman and Committeewoman
- Selecting Presidential Electors who will go to Springfield to cast their votes for Gov. Mitt Romney if he defeats President Barack Obama in Illinois
- Deciding on who the at-large national convention delegates will be appointed for the Presidential Nomination
- Deciding whether to hold a popular vote for State Central Committeemen and Committeemen, one of each per congressional district, starting in 2014
Republican representatives will also attend several workshops, including one on the use of social media during elections.
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Preibus will also be on hand during the convention, as will other officials from across the state and country.
Patch staff will be there throughout starting Friday morning with updates running on our live blog above.
Please join in the discussion and let us know if you have any questions along the way.