Michele Rempel, M.A., Mediavine Marketing’s social media & web development expert, will clarify how to best use Twitter in your job search.
That’s the topic at the Employment Ministry meeting at St. Mary Immaculate Parish on Tuesday, May 22nd in the Faith Sharing Room, 15629 South Rt. 59 in Plainfield. We start at 6:30 pm.
Michelle will answer your questions including:
- What is Twitter and what role has it taken that sets it apart from other social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn?
- How do individuals set up and use a Twitter account?
- How do today's businesses use Twitter to seek job applicants?
- How can a job applicant make the best use of this medium to land a new job?
- What other uses (new features) of Twitter might be of benefit for individuals (i.e. Twitter email service, Twitter deck, etc)?
If you have a specific question that you’d like our Michele to address, please email it to EmploymentMinistry@smip.org by May 17th. Michele can also be reached through www.mediavinemarketing.com.
If you are new to networking, come at 6:30 pm for an introduction to networking tools like the Handbill and the Elevator Speech. At 7:00 pm, our program featuring Michele Rempel will start. Later, you can work one-on-one with our coaches to improve your resume, to practice interviewing skills or expand your network. Bring copies of your handbill or resume.
We help job seekers succeed. There is no cost to attend, pre-registration is not required, and everyone is welcome. Our members represent all ages, work backgrounds and future desires. Dress is casual.
For more information, email EmploymentMinistry@smip.org or call 815-436-2651 ext 815.