’s popular free Thursday night Main Street summer concert series begins tonight and continues through Aug. 16.
The concerts will be held from 7 to 9 p.m., and include a host of dynamic cover bands. The Promenade provides some seating, but for guaranteed seating attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs.
The 2012 line up is as follows:
- June 7 The Moods (Motown and More)
- June 14 Cavern Beat (Beatles Tribute)
- June 21 Lisa Rene Band (Pop Rock Covers)
- June 28 Generation (Classic Rock Experience)
- July 5 Rick Saucedo (Elvis Tribute)
- July 12 Reely Dan (Steely Dan Tribute)
- July 19 Pamela Rose & Windy City Country (Country Hits)
- July 26 Dot Dot Dot (Energized Rock & Pop)
- Aug. 2 Howard and The Whiteboys (Blues and Soul)
- Aug. 9 TNT (Big Band rock)
- Aug. 16 Hey Jimmy! (Dance & Modern Rock)
The Main Street summer concert series coincides with The Promenade's Farmers Market, also beginning today from 3 to 8 p.m and running Thursdays, through Sept. 13. The market will be located by The Promenade’s Village Green (center of the mall).
An extra advantage to shoppers, The Promenade will have free refrigeration available for concertgoers who want to keep their fresh farmer's market purchases chilled while enjoying the concerts.