- Position sought: Will County Board, District 4
- E-mail address: Vote4ken@citizenstoelectkennethharris.com
- Website: www.citizenstoelectkennethharris.com
- Age: 48
- Family: I am a 19-year Bolingbrook Resident and a 43-Year Will County Resident. I have been married to Rose for 21 Years and we have three sons: Ken Jr (15), Bolingbrook HS, Cameron (13) Jane Addams Middle School, and Carson (9) Jamie McGee.
- Education: Lockport Township HS Class of ‘82, Augustana College class of ’86, BA Accounting
- Occupation: I am a 25-year State of Illinois employee. I am currently employee with the Illinois Correctional Industries as a superintendent.
- Political party: Democrat
- Previous elected or appointed offices: Current Will County Board Member for District 4.
Is there any additional experience you believe qualifies you for the position?
I am a licensed certified public accountant and have experience in budget, procurement, auditing, collections, and manufacturing.
What would your priorities be if elected to this office?
Raising additional revenues and working with a balanced budget.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
I will work for the best interest of the residents of Will County. Some tough votes will have to be made and I am qualified, prepared, and the right person for the job.
What can the county do to promote job growth and draw new business to Will County?
Working together with other elected officials and residents to insure that their needs are being met.
Should it be Will County or a special commission in charge of a proposed airport? Why, and how would that work?
Will County should have a major input if a proposed airport is in place.
All candidates have lauded the current board for work balancing the budget; what more would you do to practice fiscal responsibility?
Conduct random audits to ensure that all department are in compliance with established procedures.
Besides Renewing Will County, would you propose any projects related to sustainability in the county?
I will work to gain an understand of how the county operates before proposing any projects related to sustainability.
What ideas do you have for improving the county's infrastructure and transportation?
At this time, I do not have any ideas for improving the county’s infrastructure and transportation.
In what ways can the county operate more efficiently and improve technologically?
There should be a collective effort to establish procedures to gain input from department heads, employees, other elected officials, residents, and the business community.